...and in the boat, there was a man...

A place to keep track of the daily doings of Me. Cos you love Me.

Wednesday, June 22

"Would you light my candle?"


I'm tired of living in the dark
Can anyone see me down here
The feeling's gone
There's nothing left to lift me up
Back into the world I've known
'Cause now again I've found myself

So far down, away from the sun
That shines into the darkest place
I'm so far down, away from the sun
That shines the life away from me

To find my way back into the arms
That care about the ones like me
I'm so far down, away from the sun again

Those of you who know me will know that lyrics are a very very big part of my life. Since this blog is mainly about me keeping track of my life, the following lyrics will probably not make much sense to y'all. But each and every one makes me cry. Which is what I'm doing and why I need to put these together here. Of course, I'll be okay, blah blah blah. Who really cares? Meh.

Maybe writing this now, (when I'm super tired and in a dark, dark, moody place) is a bad idea, but if I'mto be true to this blog as a record of me, then this stuff should go in here.


"I'm all out of faith - this is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed, bound and broken on the floor
You're a little late - I'm already torn."
- Torn, Natalie Imbruglia

"And if you look - you look through me
And when you talk - you talk at me
And when I touch you - you don't feel a thing."
- Stay (Faraway, So Close), U2

"Somewhere in this darkness there's a light that I can't find
Well maybe it's too far away, or maybe I'm just blind."
- When I'm Gone, 3 Doors Down

"Maybe some day you'll look up and, barely conscious, you'll say to no one,
'Isn't something missing?'"
- Missing, Evanescence

"The marketplace means nothing when the product's out of date."
- Freezing, Snubrocket

"Love could not be on my side - it's clearer every day
That every time I reach for love, it always runs away."
- Another Crack In My Heart, Take That

"Closing your eyes to disappear; afraid your dreams will leave you here
But still you wake and know the truth - no one's there."
- My Last Breath, Evanescence

"All of this time, I can't believe I couldn't see
Thought you were gone, but you were there ignoring me."
- Bring Me To Life (remix), Evanescence

"Sometimes I think of letting go and never looking back
And never moving forward so there'd never be a past."
- Easier to Run, Linkin Park

"A little death without mourning - no call and no warning.
May be a dangerous idea, that almost makes sense..."
- Love is Blindness, U2


And some other tracks currently playing on the jukebox in my f*cked up mind:
12 Stones - Far Away
3 Doors Down - Away From the Sun
Cybill Shepherd - Find Another Fool
12 Stones - Way I Feel
Linkin Park - Figure 09
Savage Garden - A Thousand Words
12 Stones - Crash
Brandy - What About Us
12 Stones - Running Out of Pain
Jewel - Foolish Games (sadness mix)
Britney Spears - Everytime
Linkin Park - Hit the Floor
Natalie Imbruglia - Leave Me Alone

This list could go on for quite some time, but for fear of developing short term RSI, I'll stop there.
Each and every lyric of each and every song has meaning to me - yes, I'm a lyrics freak. And I'm probably the only one who will ever really go back through the list and listen to every word of every song. (Lyrics are real easy to find on Google if you're at all interested). It's really not helping that there's alcohol in my system now too - thought it would help me sleep, but it just made me mental.