...and in the boat, there was a man...

A place to keep track of the daily doings of Me. Cos you love Me.

Sunday, April 3

spank me!

[ mood = confuzzled music = Paula Abdul - Foolish Heart ]

I know, I know - I been slack lately with updatin the blog, but I've been going through a phase of thinking a lot of things just ain't worth the effort. Someone suggested attaching a stats tracker to this blog, but I've a feeling that would just be even more depressing (and I really don't need anything more to depress me - my mind does a great job on it's own).

It's been a while since my last seizure, but I've been having some very minor, slight 'incidents' of late. Kinda scary since I'm living on my own at the moment, so if anything happens to me, no one's really gonna know until I'm missing from some meeting or something. Even my regular things like updating this blog or emailling mates or writing to Barthy go unnoticed when missed.

So the song that keeps going through my player is Missing by Evanescence. (Full Lyrics from the Evanescence website, here).

"Maybe some day you'll look up and,
barely conscious, you'll say to no one,
'Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?'."

Don't get me wrong - I ain't about to keel over and die (at least, I ain't planning on it!), but the solitude of isolated urban living tends to feed my depression more and more. I just don't know what to do to get myself out of this rut, so I just keep on keeping on.

In other news, our research proposal for Professional Communication was due last Friday - got it in on time. The project is looking exciting, and I'm actually enthused about working on it. Multimedia Applications, on the other hand, is dead boring. And they overload us with too much information to digest. Ho hum.

Monday will see the next SUT Council Meeting - we're approving the financial and non-financial Annual Report for 2004. To be honest, most of the information goes right over my head - something better needs to be done for the student members of Council, since it has to be assumed that they don't have financial training, etc. I happened to notice in the draft report papers that Amrish and Gautam were still listed as being Council Members for 2004. Grrrr - swiftly had that fixed!

Oh yes, the other song currently playing, in between Linkin Park's Numb, Natalie Imbruglia's Torn, and Gabrielle's Out of Reach, is Paula Abdul's classic Foolish Heart. It speaks volumes.

Anyway, the up coming period (between now and July) is going to be rocky both within Swinburne, and in the Education Sector more broadly. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage, since I'm relatively on my own now. No more student union buds to bounce things off.

I miss Anthony; miss the feeling of being loved.
In the catch-all response of late - meh!